Turning 50

Turning 50
Maybe this was what started it all? That's me on the right.

Monday, 2 April 2007

Pisa

I can't believe I have been in Lucignano for a week already - how the time is flying. As I have said, Lucignano is very central so on Saturday, I drove up to Pisa. It was a beautiful day and Pisa is a delightful city. After parking my car in a place I thought was reasonably central, I walked for miles trying to find the Tower. It was a wonderful stroll, up Corso Italia which has some stunning shopping which I managed to resist despite some serious handbag and shoe shops. I was amazed by the Tower, as much by its colour as much as its lean. I didn't expect it to be quite so white. The Piazza del Duomo was full of people out enjoying the beautiful spring day and I enjoyed watching the world go by. Of course, I heard a few Americans and some English but by far the most common visitor seemed to be either Italian or German. I sat at one of the Trattoria and had a delicious lunch, along with what seemed like half the world. I had to go and move the car since I don't want to get any more tickets - I wouldn't even know where/how to pay one here! so I walked the many miles back to the car and brought it back a bit closer so I could stay a bit longer, it really was beautiful. Needless to say, the photos say it better than I could.

No comments: