Turning 50

Turning 50
Maybe this was what started it all? That's me on the right.

Wednesday, 21 March 2007

Last Weekend in the UK

Since it was nearly time for me to leave the UK, Lyss and I decided to go for a drive down to Alnwick - about 2 hours south of Edinburgh, just over the border in England for no other purpose than a look see. Alnwick is a historic market town and although we got there quite late in the day and the weather was not great, we still found it to be a very charming town. We sat in the market square eating chips and sauce then wandered around doing the tourist thing. As we left, Lyss took photos of the entrance to the town - photos in the album - then in true Helen style, I took a wrong turn and had to turn around and go back the right way (Lyss did tell me but it was too late then, I'd already done it).
On Sunday, it was Mother's Day here in the UK. We don't generally celebrate Mother's Day but Leigh and her family do, so we drove up to Aberdeen to see her mother for a very late lunch. Lunch was definitely not what I expected - we went to Pizza Express where Leigh's sister works part time - but only a couple of us actually had pizza. The food was good quality and very tasty. We drove back in the little blue racer - all five of us and she went very well. I think I even got snapped by speeding cameras a couple of times - not really great but gives you an idea of how well the LBR goes.

No comments: